Saturday, March 22, 2014

Chanute Wanguche

A one time trip  to Chanute Wanguche. We were going for the 12 month evaluation of a water project. It ended up being a 3 hour hike up a mountainside to get to the tap stand at a school and a water tank. A 2 hour hike back down to our jeep. By the time we got back down my knees were killing me. I could hardly move. Won't do that one again.  We went on this trip Dec. 18, 2013

Along the roadside. Women at a tap stand getting water. I liked
the water cans.

water running across the road we had to travel on to get to Chanute
A bridge we had to cross to get there.

A closer look at bridge. I saw this and said, I'm not going across
this. We stopped and Mike and I got out and walked across,
going and coming. Too dangerous for me. Soon it will fall apart.



Hillside at lower elevation

tapstand at lower school

Mike on the trail. Thank goodness for
walking sticks. They did help a lot.

Farmer plowing his field. Only way to do this on a
mountainside.

School children at the upper school. Almost the top of the
mountain.

hiking group consisting of Mike and Betty Wasuita
behind Mike is Panna Khadgi(our water monitor for
this project) and the rest are water committee members

village woman. They wear jewels in their nose and carry
heavy loads with a strap around their head.


Cutting down a big tree in the mountains. Could take awhile

No comments:

Post a Comment